Re: Modules

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Modules
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 22:43:49 +0100

On Sun 30 Jan 2011 00:35, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I would also mention the approach from the skeleton package, which you
>> can fetch from http://wingolog.org/git/skeleton.git.  `autoreconf -vif',
>> `./configure', and `make'.  It has a toplevel `env' script, similar to
>> other environment scripts needed for other languages that tweak
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> Thanks.  It seems a shame, and less portable, for us to rely on shell
> script wrappers.

Humm, indeed.

While I'm here in this email thing, I should say that I didn't mean to
brush off the original problem so directly.  Apologies if that's how it
came across, Marek.  I just meant to communicate that I don't fully
understand the problem, nor do I know exactly what to do about it.

If there is something that it makes sense for Guile can do to help this
use case, we should do it.

Regards,

Andy
--