C module problem

From: Aidan Gauland
Subject: C module problem
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:13:27 +1300

Hello,

I am trying to write a simple C module for Guile (for the learning
experience) and I have run into a cryptic error.  I have compiled
`sdl-guile.c' to `sdl-guile.so' with the following command.

gcc -shared -o sdl-guile.so -fPIC sdl-guile.c `guile-config compile`
`sdl-config --cflags`

I then run `guile' and evaluate
(load-extension "./sdl-guile.so" "init_module") and get the following
output.

ERROR: In procedure load-extension:
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: file: "./sdl-guile.so", message: "file not
found"

I can follow the example in section 6.20.3 C Extensions of the manual
with no trouble, so I think I am not properly linking to SDL.

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,
Aidan Gauland