Re: Installing scheme only programs

From: nalaginrut
Subject: Re: Installing scheme only programs
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:24:40 +0800

> >> I think it's not a big deal if you just want to get rid of comments.I
> >> always do it like this way:
> >> ======
> >> sed "/;.*/d" filename
> >> ======
> >
> > Careful!  Guile now has the expression comment #;
> > That sed would be bad for something like   (list a #;b c)
>
> Thank you for the 'sed' recipe.
>
> Unfortunately, it's deleting whole lines like:
>
>   (foo bar) ;;this line is gone

Well, I think it's a personal code style problem. I'd like to write
comments for a new line. Maybe 'sed  "s: ;.*::g" filename' is better.
Note there should be a space before ";" in case you are using a "#;" as
dismich said. But I think we must design a perfectly safe method.
Anyway, I think it's a big deal now. :-)

To dismich: I don't know there's a "#;" now. Thanks for warning. And I'd
like to know what the "#;" means. :-)

--
GNU Powered it
GPL Protected it