Re: Serving files with guile web server

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Serving files with guile web server
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:51:47 +0100

() Neil Jerram <address@hidden>
() Sat, 19 Mar 2011 02:20:47 +0000

   Well, I suppose I'd recommend considering not using
   the Guile server to serve static files.

If efficiency is a concern, another approach is to wrap
sendfile(2) or something like it.

 http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ttn-do/ttn-do.html.gz#index-sendfile-140

This is what "ttn-do sizzweb", "ttn-do serve-debiso" and the
serveez packages do, although for the latter the wrapping is
admittedly very thin (C only) at present.  That may change...

 http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ttn-do/ttn-do.html.gz#sizzweb
 http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ttn-do/ttn-do.html.gz#serve-debiso
 http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/serveez.git?h=next
 https://github.com/spk121/serveez-mg/

Probably a good exercise for Guile 2 FFI.  If sendfile (or ilk) is
too Linux- (or ilk) specific, a nice fallback would be to wrap the
POSIX scatter/gather support, i.e., writev(2)/readv(2).

 http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ttn-do/ttn-do.html.gz#index-iovec-142
 http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ttn-do/ttn-do.html.gz#index-writev-144
 http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ttn-do/ttn-do.html.gz#index-readv-143

This is what (ttn-do zzz x-protocol) uses, albeit sub-optimally for now.

 http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ttn-do/ttn-do.html.gz#zzz-x_002dprotocol