Neat hacks for a birthday

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Neat hacks for a birthday
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 21:54:23 +0100

Hello Guilers!

Next week, on February 16th, is the first anniversary of Guile 2.0!

Like all great events, it ought to be celebrated.

So, here’s a suggestion: let’s write neat hacks that integrate Guile
with some other piece of software, preferably GNU packages.  Examples
include extending GCC or GDB extension in Guile, work on Mike’s
Zile-on-Guile, enhanced Guile support in GNU Make, and Hurd file systems
written in Guile.

Of course, like all quick hacks, these will essentially be proofs of
concept, but hey, perhaps some will eventually become actual software
packages?

If you’re up to the challenge, you’re welcome to announce your intent
here.  On Feb. 16th, we’ll collect the list of neat hacks and let the
world know!

Thanks,
Ludo’.

PS: I personally intend to come up with a simple GCC plug-in interface
    for Guile.  Let’s see how it goes…