Anouncing guile-snmp

From: Tristan Colgate
Subject: Anouncing guile-snmp
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:37:03 +0000

Hi All,

  I'd like to anounce guile-snmp to the world at large. This is a
wrapper for the net-snmp library, allowing for threadsafe snmp
get/set/walk using the net-snmp single session API. It also comes with
a nice shell tool, that wraps up basic setup functions and has a handy
feature that automatically unknown identifiers into oids looked up in
MIBs.

  A fairly limited set of routines are wrapped at present (with more
to come), but these are sufficient to achieve very useful things in a
few lines of code. Documentation is currently limited to a small set
of example scripts, but I intend working on some useful documentation
soon.

  I've been using this stuff in various forms for a couple of years
now and find writing complicated reports much quicker that with perl
Net::SNMP (as much as I loved ti). I also find the resulting scripts
much easier to read months down the line.

  The project currently live on github. A buildable archive of the
current release can be downloaded from:

  https://github.com/tcolgate/guile-snmp/downloads

   The code is tested on various flavours of guile 2.0, and requires
net-snmp and it's headers to be installed to build.

  After working on the docs I intend attaching agent support to allow
extending any guile enabled app with an snmp agent.

--
Tristan Colgate-McFarlane
----