Re: procedure-source availability

From: Panicz Maciej Godek
Subject: Re: procedure-source availability
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 21:29:34 +0200

>> The short answer is: to have more options to explore and play around with.
>> The long answer is that I have been designing a framework for rapid
>> GUI development (and more), sort of a REPL among GUIs. The sources are
>> available on bitbucket's mercurial, if you want to see:
>> hg clone https://bitbucket.org/panicz/slayer
>
> Would it be an option for the GUI to open the source file at the right
> location, when the user wants to see the source?

Well, the idea for now is that the associated .spec file containing
the state of GUI is loaded on startup, and the state of the
interpreter is dumped to that file on exit (or at GUI's request).
Viewing the file will obviously be an option (for the curious user),
but any modifications would probably be overwritten eventually (unless
the file is write-protected).

This approach allows avoiding the design of any specific file format
to store information about the GUI -- everything is just scheme. The
only requirement is that all used object (images etc.) can be dumped
to scheme expressions, evaluation of which would re-create them. (This
isn't yet fully implemented, but I'm on a good way)

I hope this answers your question :)