Re: GNU Guile community in google+

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: GNU Guile community in google+
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 09:21:15 +0100

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 03:02:44PM +0800, Nala Ginrut wrote:
     On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 01:36 -0500, Mark H Weaver wrote:
     > zx spectrumgomas <address@hidden> writes:
     > > I've created GNU Guile in google+ . Join to the community!
     > > https://plus.google.com/communities/109342732294319716184?hl=es
     >
     > No, please do not join this so-called "community".  Google+, like
     > Facebook, is a very disturbing attempt by a single corporation to
     > centralize control of internet communications.  They abuse the privacy
     > of their users in many ways and must be rejected.
     >
     > I for one absolutely refuse to use the centralized social networking
     > sites, and I know Ludovic Court??s feels the same way.  As far as I know
     > Andy Wingo doesn't use Google+ either.
     >
     > The real Guile community is on its mailing lists and on #guile on
     > irc.freenode.net, both of which are based on decentralized protocols
     > that are not controlled by any corporation do not require you to
     > identify yourself.

     OK, I left it. But should we have a more powerful site for our
     community? The classic Guile main site seems too lean for the fans.

What's wrong with this mailing list? and of course the #guile channel on=20
freenode   ?   Are they not good enough?

If somebody wants to to create some additional forum, I would not be against
it.   But like others have suggested, Google does not seem to believe in the
same ideals as Guile so it would not seem to be the best place to create it.
Maybe a group on libreplanet.org would be a possibility?
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Software_Groups

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3