Re: GNU Guile community in google+

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: GNU Guile community in google+
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:38:28 +0800

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 09:21 +0100, John Darrington wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 03:02:44PM +0800, Nala Ginrut wrote:
>      On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 01:36 -0500, Mark H Weaver wrote:
>      > zx spectrumgomas <address@hidden> writes:
>      > > I've created GNU Guile in google+ . Join to the community!
>      > > https://plus.google.com/communities/109342732294319716184?hl=es
>      >
>      > No, please do not join this so-called "community".  Google+, like
>      > Facebook, is a very disturbing attempt by a single corporation to
>      > centralize control of internet communications.  They abuse the privacy
>      > of their users in many ways and must be rejected.
>      >
>      > I for one absolutely refuse to use the centralized social networking
>      > sites, and I know Ludovic Court??s feels the same way.  As far as I
> know
>      > Andy Wingo doesn't use Google+ either.
>      >
>      > The real Guile community is on its mailing lists and on #guile on
>      > irc.freenode.net, both of which are based on decentralized protocols
>      > that are not controlled by any corporation do not require you to
>      > identify yourself.
>      >

>      OK, I left it. But should we have a more powerful site for our
>      community? The classic Guile main site seems too lean for the fans.
>
> What's wrong with this mailing list? and of course the #guile channel on=20
> freenode   ?   Are they not good enough?

I didn't mean any wrong with this mailing list, I've learned many things
here. It's just a suggestion we may add new things for our
communication.
With the developing of Guile, we do need new things to share more,
say ,wiki/forum...
And guilers may share tutorials/articles/projects on it, like other
community does.

> If somebody wants to to create some additional forum, I would not be against
> it.   But like others have suggested, Google does not seem to believe in the
> same ideals as Guile so it would not seem to be the best place to create it.
> Maybe a group on libreplanet.org would be a possibility?
> http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Software_Groups
>
> J'

I think this place is nice! ;-)
Besides, I'd like to share tutorials/articles in English/Chinese on the
wiki.

The problem is, who's going to create/maintain it? Any volunteers?
And could this be the official part of Guile?