Re: GNU Guile community in google+

From: hellekin
Subject: Re: GNU Guile community in google+
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 08:39:46 -0300

On 12/17/2012 07:54 AM, zx spectrumgomas wrote:

> I am a newbie, but in Google+ I would write SICP's exercises I'm going
> to do. Here not just because no one else does that, it doesn't seem
> the right place. In my opinion GNU guile should use such accounts for
> greater mass of users.

*** I just subscribed to this list a couple of days ago, with the hope I
can find some time to learn Guile. I find this initiative interestingly
clueless. When Google changed its privacy policy earlier this year, I
closed my account. Although Google services are attractive, I can't but
suggest that you, creator of this "GNU Guile (not official)" group, need
to learn about the motivations and the philosophy behind the GNU project.

Seeking to attract a mass of users may seem like "a good thing" (TM),
but really, what you want to do is produce your contents on a site that
won't even *try* to spy on their users. If you produce your contents on
G+, many Guile users simply won't benefit from them. One could argue
that people not knowing Guile may come to know it and use it from that
initiative, but in the end, it will only deflect people from the
official community channels, and be harmful.

Regards,

==
hk