Re: GNU Guile community in google+

From: zx spectrumgomas
Subject: Re: GNU Guile community in google+
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:08:35 +0100

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM, hellekin <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you're not aware of that, some people were quite pissed to discover
> that their "business handle" was mixed with their "personal handle" when
> that privacy policy entered in effect. Centralized social network
> services have an increasing tendency toward surveillance ; no, wait:
> that's their business model. They trade user profiles to marketers, and
> most, give them away to govern-mental agencies.
>
> More importantly, in a world of "the rule of law", where freedom of
> expression is (at least in the USA) protected by the Constitution, these
> services offer to their "business customers" an interface that allow
> them to entirely bypass Constitutional law, and censor whatever content
> they deem inappropriate, where they should, if that was posted in the
> public space, go to court, and win there.
>
> If you really like to use G+ for the sake of the audience (why not
> Facebook, then?), you could as well post short messages linking to blog
> articles or wiki pages *in the public space*, so that you take advantage
> of both worlds: contents in the public space, protected under a free
> documentation license, and use centralized social networking services
> such as Google+, Twitter, and Facebook, as mass-media, for announcement.

I do not consider Facebook  neither more nor less evil than Google+
because I don't know well Facebook. Simply I've never used it because
I believe that the profile of the people of Facebook is chatting with
friends (I can be wrong).

Neither I wrote in Google+ before. I just used twitter and  identi.ca .

why have I opened the account in google+ then? Because they have just
created Communities. For a newbie is too presumptuous create an
account guile GNU. I would not do this: https://twitter.com/gnuguile
even if the account was free, because I have no sufficient knowledge
to manage that account. It would be too honor :D. Another thing is
that I think  Guilers are wrong not managing an account like that.

With google+'s account is different. This is not an honor because it
is supposed to be community and then anyone can talk. I've just been
faster (or nobody wanted to open it :D) The administration in my
opinion in this case is totally different, it just is restricted to
the rules of polite behavior. I think I can do it although probably
other person would do it better  because as you see I'm not exactly a
phenomenon with English. If someone wants it would be perfect.

I have to see if Diaspora has communities and it works well. Then I
would open an account there.