Re: GNU Guile community in google+

From: zx spectrumgomas
Subject: Re: GNU Guile community in google+
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 21:49:23 +0100

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:
> () zx spectrumgomas <address@hidden>
> () Mon, 24 Dec 2012 17:08:43 +0100
>
>    Here a member of the FSF and he seems that  uses google+, [...]
>
> Have you considered contacting Gregory Benison to get an account on:
> <http://www.gcbhacks.dreamhosters.com/scheme-web-apps/schwordpress.cgi>
> (a Guile-Scheme-driven web log)?
>
> It is surely underdeveloped in comparison to the (other) established
> services, so maybe that's something you could play with (and hack on)
> concurrently w/ building community (newbies or otherwise).  After all,
> the best-fit tools are the ones you see fit to craft.
>
> Of course, i don't know how Gregory Benison compares against the (other)
> established services regarding privacy and respecting user freedom, so
> that's something you'd want to clarify up front.  FWIW, my experiences,
> though few, have been generally positive.
>
> Anyway, i think you would find this approach more satisfying, long term.
> Believe me, i know how it feels to push against the tide.  :-D
>
> --
> Thien-Thi Nguyen ..................................... GPG key: 4C807502
> .                  NB: ttn at glug dot org is not me                   .
> .                 (and has not been since 2007 or so)                  .
> .                        ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES                         .

Thank you very much. I didn't know Schwordpress. It seems like a very
good option to create blogs. Try looking at the code. Right now notify
that site in guile account in identi.ca and in Google+. If I write a
blog I will try contact with him.

In any case, I don't think I push against the tide. I could be wrong,
but I I think quite people agrees with what I have said, but they
don't say because it seems a flamewar's noob. I also must thank
because everyone speak me with respect despite being a newbie and my
horrendous English.

I admire Stallman. How could a newbie not admire him?. I must also say
that if I knew before what happened to Richard Stallman in the Brazil
conference
http://usemoslinux.blogspot.com/2012/12/el-dia-de-furia-de-richard-stallman-en.html
then I had not sent the previous message. I just found out it now. But
this only confirms what was said by Thomas Bushnell. In summary, the
GNU image in social networks is very bad, and it nowadays can not be
allowed.

Thank you very much anew.