Re: Guile 100 #6: CGI and MySQL

From: Daniel Hartwig
Subject: Re: Guile 100 #6: CGI and MySQL
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 11:26:45 +0800

On 2 May 2013 01:17, Mike Gran <address@hidden> wrote:
> Three other problems remain incomplete, so feel free to try your
> hand at one of them as well.
>

>     - Challenge #3: LZW Compression

Just for fun I made a rough start at this one when you announced it.
The outer procedures are as specified in the project details, the
inner procedures operate on “streams” of any kind of data similar to
the templates in Nelsons writeup.

The universe of symbols (uncompress data) is not required to be 8 bit
integers, but it must be known in advance.

If this seems an interesting start, I'll tidy it up for pedagogy,
produce the two scripts, and of course the obligatory writeup.  The
level of abstraction in the inner procedures is perhaps a nice
opportunity to briefly compare Guiles options for processing streams
of data (i.e. containers, ports, srfi-41, input–output procedures) and
reasons for my particularly choice here.  I assumed procedures would
be less overhead than streams, but did not test it.