Re: [ANN] guile-scsh 0.2

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [ANN] guile-scsh 0.2
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 14:09:26 +0100

On 6 May 2013 07:40, Chaos Eternal <address@hidden> wrote:
I here by announce the 0.2 version of guile-scsh, which is ported to
guile-2.x and now
available.

you can get it from:
https://gitorious.org/guile-scsh/guile-scsh

Scsh, the scheme shell, a Unix Shell using scheme syntaxes, and much
more powerful than bourne shell.
Scsh is seized development for many years, and was ported to guile-1.x
10 years ago.

Now it is reborn with power of guile-2.x.
guile-scsh is made a module, and can be easily integrated into your scripts.

This is good news: I remember reading about scsh many years ago, and recently wanting to try it again.

I look forward to being able to test a version with job control and filename completion!

Also, a shell seems an absolutely classic case of where sweet-expressions (http://readable.sourceforge.net/ ) would be a big win, and running the shell under sweetened guile shouldn't require any code changes. I think you should recommend that as the default way of using it.