Re: Guile Game Library

From: David Thompson
Subject: Re: Guile Game Library
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 07:15:51 -0400

I'll give SLAYER a try before judging it, but my initial impression is that it's not a good fit for me. Our goals seem to be different, and it seems that you have your sights aimed much higher. Emacs is my development environment and I'm not looking for a specialized development environment to build games in using SLAYER or any other library.

I do really like that SLAYER can operate with software rendering OR OpenGL rendering. That is quite the nice feature.

Perhaps I should explain my position more. My focus is on 2D game development (but that's not to say that I want a library that is limited to only 2D), which means I want a library with features like sprites, sprite batching, tiling, animation, a 2D scene graph, event scripting, etc.

A combination of Guile-SDL and Figl could fit the bill for the base to build off of.

Thoughts?