Re: guile 2.0.9 build on mingw

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: guile 2.0.9 build on mingw
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:45:51 -0400

Hi Eli,

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> The bug report at http://bugs.gnu.org/14171 says that when Guile is
> compiled with enable-posix, it "can't start the REPL".  Can someone
> please show me a simple way of trying that?

Just run Guile in such a way that would lead to an interactive Guile
prompt, e.g. by running without any command-line arguments.  Two people
reported that when built with --enable-posix, Guile would work when run
in a non-interactive way (e.g. using -c or running a script), but would
hang when run interactively.

As described in <http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14171#14>,
the problem seems to be in 'call-with-sigint' defined in
ice-9/top-repl.scm.  Note that 'call-with-sigint' only installs a signal
handler if POSIX support is enabled, and otherwise is a no-op.
--disable-posix avoided the hang and allowed the REPL to be reached.

> I'd like to see if my
> build, which didn't use --disable-posix, has any problems in that
> area, and if so try to debug them.

Thanks for your work on this!

     Mark