Re: Guile XCB

From: mark . d . witmer
Subject: Re: Guile XCB
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:54:43 -0700

that has been posted to gmane.lisp.guile.user as well.

Stefan Israelsson Tampe <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Mark!
>
> Nice tool!
>
> A bit off topic but maybe something that is perhaps useful in this
> project, is there any scheme framework
> centered around the scheme xsd specification to validate and translate
> data.
>
> If not, I could help. I'm wanting to learn that technology
> and could in the mean time code something useful for
> all to enjoy
>
> If I would do that I would combine the guile module system and
> xml namespaces an look at code that executes to a sxml-similar
> representation.
>
> Transfoming xml and parsing xml would mean that one uses syntax-parse,
> syntax-rules
> etc..
>
> WDYT
>
> /Stefan

That's a cool idea. sxml-match provides a pattern-matching library for
xml with a way of binding variables to values extracted from the
sxml. Unlike xsd, however, it's missing a convenient way to constrain
the number of a particular child-element in some node (beyond specifying
0, 1, or many), and a way to check the type of data stored inside a
node. I had to write a few functions to do that stuff. I could see an
augmented version of sxml-match being useful as Scheme-friendly xsd
alternative.

--
Mark Witmer