possible configure bug

From: Aidan Gauland
Subject: possible configure bug
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 14:10:38 +1200

I'm not sure whether this is a bug, but it's inconsistent behaviour.  I
ran (in the guile-2.0.9 directory)

 $ ./configure -C

and got an error about a missing dependency, which I installed, and then
and re-ran "./configure -C", which detected the newly installed
dependency and reported a *different* missing dependency.  I repeated
this a few times until it got to unistring, which it did not detect
after I installed it until I re-ran ./configure *without* -C.

I realise -C means "cache", but since the configure script detected the
other libraries when re-run with caching on, not detecting unistring is
an inconsistent behaviour, and I don't know much about autoconf (I've
only used straight make for my projects), so I don't know whether this
is a bug or merely unexpected behaviour.

I also realise that this is of ridiculously low importance compared to
what else the Guile devs are working on, so I'm marking this bug as
NITPICK. ;)

Regards,
Aidan Gauland