Re: Determining programatically whether the interpreter is Guile or Clis

From: 白い熊
Subject: Re: Determining programatically whether the interpreter is Guile or Clisp or Emcs
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 15:53:44 +0400

Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> wrote:
>I think the most efficient way is to use 'cpp' of gcc to do the
>pre-processer, or you have to try eval-when, please read the manual for

OK, I did read up on it,  but it's not a parent how to go about this
interpreter testing.

I don't want to get a preprocessor into it, because I want to be able to call
the same functions whether I'm in a clisp interpreter, or guile etc.  and want
to do it it lisp.

If it's just figuring out whether I'm in clisp or Emacs,  the functionp call is
good,  as the function I use to test is not defined in Emacs,  so I know I'm in
lisp.

If it's just deciding between guile and Emacs,  it's easy too, a simple
(version) gives info on the Emacs version or guile.  But if call version from
clisp it bombs,  because there is no such function...

But I can't use module-defined?  because it's not defined in lisp or elisp.

I think I'm missing something very simple...

--
白い熊