Re: Guile-GDBM 1.1.0 available

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Guile-GDBM 1.1.0 available
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 22:53:30 +0200

() address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
() Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:51:39 +0200

   I think it would be great to submit it for inclusion in GDBM itself,
   as an optional feature.  [...] because the GDBM API is stable.

I agree that the GDBM API is stable.  However...

   WDYT?

Guile-GDBM takes moderate pains to handle various Guile versions (in
addition to various GDBM versions).  I would not wish to impose this
hair (including ttn-style issues) on the GDBM hacker just yet.

OTOH, everything here is Free Software, so i'd be delighted to find
Guile-GDBM obsoleted by inclusion (of the hair) in some future GDBM
release.  (The job is feasible, if Someone (not me) is motivated.)

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502