Re: guile-2.0 on mingw: the sequel

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: guile-2.0 on mingw: the sequel
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 09:31:24 +0300

> Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 22:14:43 +0200
> From: Panicz Maciej Godek <address@hidden>
> Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
>
> > Configuring with --prefix=/usr is a mistake: there's no /usr on your
> > system, as far as MinGW programs are concerned.
> > [...]
> >

> yes, it seems that this was the reason. So now the guile
> interpreter runs properly, but I still have a problem with
> running a program that, having been linked against
> libguile, would call scm_with_guile or scm_init_guile, e.g.
> ===
> #include <libguile.h>
> void hi(void *unused) { scm_puts("hello!\n", scm_current_output_port()); }
> int main() {
>    scm_with_guile(hi, NULL);
>   return 0;
> }
> ===

Does this work on other platforms?  (I know almost nothing about
linking C programs with libguile; maybe your program has a bug, or you
are missing some function call necessary for this to work?)

> I compile it under msys in c:/guile-2.0/bin (i.e. prefix/bin) using
> $ gcc -o hello.exe hello.c -I ../include/guile/2.0 -lguile-2.0

There should be no need to compile under MSYS, you can compile from
the Windows cmd window.  I don't think that's the reason for your
problems, but it's worth a try.