Re: [ANN] Guile-WM 0.1/Guile XCB 1.1

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: [ANN] Guile-WM 0.1/Guile XCB 1.1
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 17:06:16 -0400

Hi Mark,

address@hidden writes:

> I feel like it's time to announce Guile-WM, my stab at an all-Guile
> Window Manager. It's actually more of a toolkit for writing X
> applications, with the window manager stuff being what's implemented so
> far. It includes live REPL support, the usual
> keymap/minibuffer/user-defined command paradigm, and more. [...]
>
> I've also dramatically revamped Guile XCB.

This all sounds very exciting!  Enough so that I finally pulled
guile-xcb and attempted to build it from git.  Unfortunately, I ran into
several problems:

* Although the README says that Guile 2.0.9 is required, the configure
  script will accept nothing less than Guile 2.2.  Since 2.2 does not
  exist yet, it would be good to accept Guile 2.0 in the meantime :)

* After changing 2.2 -> 2.0, the next problem is that the build process
  seems to assume that (xcb xml) is already in Guile's %load-path, but
  the build system doesn't arrange for this.  I worked around this by
  setting GUILE_LOAD_PATH to the build directory.

* After setting GUILE_LOAD_PATH to the build dir, it then tries to load
  the (xcb xml xproto) module, but xproto.scm does not exist anywhere in
  the source tree.

At this point, I give up.  Can you help?

     Thanks,
       Mark