Re: and-let* is not composable?

From: Ian Price
Subject: Re: and-let* is not composable?
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 09:00:48 +0100

Panicz Maciej Godek <address@hidden> writes:

> presentation of Racket macro
> system, http://www.infoq.com/presentations/racket,
> where he points to a quite good introduction to "define-syntax" macros
> by Greg Hendershott: http://www.greghendershott.com/fear-of-macros/

I was also made aware of it recently, it seems like a fine introduction,
and I had even considered mentioning it to you in this thread :) but...

> And now that my head is clearer on this regard, I think it is
> confusing
> to call them "syntax-case" macros, because "syntax-case" is rather
> auxiliary than essential for defining that sort of macro.
(This is mostly true, but it's been a conventional name for some 20 years :/)

> So I believe that at least placing a link to than explanation in the
> manual
> could be a great help for beginners.
... the problem is it makes a lot of references to Racket, and Racket
specific ways of doing things. Much of it can be fixed for Guile and
other Schemes, but you'd still need to gut around half of it.

There haven't been any patches yet, but that doesn't mean I haven't been
spending time thinking about all this :)

--
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"