Re: Potluck dish -- a game

From: Mateusz Kowalczyk
Subject: Re: Potluck dish -- a game
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 03:10:44 +0000

On 18/02/14 18:27, Thompson, David wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 3:53 AM, Panicz Maciej Godek
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> sorry that it took so long, but my friend Drcz wrote a clone of
>> Pandora game in Guile using my SLAYER framework. Due to some
>> difficulties of a technical nature, I only managed to set up the
>> website today, so now the screens are available here:
>> http://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/software/slayer/?page=screenshots
>
> Cool!  Thanks for sharing.  Care to explain a bit about the monoid
> code?  I'm interested in monads as applied to games.
>
> - Dave

I'm also interested where the monoid is meant to be because the identity
and compose functions right after the comment don't form one: bah,
monoids don't admit an identity operation, just an identity element.

I'm also a bit confused about Dave's mention of monad straight away
afterwards: there doesn't seem to be one used anywhere I look at the
source (although I'm not looking that hard). Is it a mistake or am I
missing something? Did you check out some sources from [1]? Those ought
to satisfy your interest to some degree.

Thanks

PS: There seem to be comments here and there in Polish with broken encoding.

[1]: http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Applications_and_libraries/Games

--
Mateusz K.