Re: WebSockets

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: WebSockets
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 12:54:03 +0100

[Now guile-user only, since that seems appropriate]

On 2014-04-02 11:08, Nala Ginrut wrote:
On Wed, 2014-04-02 at 10:29 +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
Hi there,

I'm interested in adding support for WebSockets
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455) to Guile's web modules. Is anyone
else interested in - or possibly already working on - that?

I was planing to implement websocket in Artanis web-framework and
there's half-baked code. Then I realized it's better to integrate with
the server, but Artanis hasn't written its own server. So it's
appreciated if anyone can do the job. ;-)

Wow, Artanis looks quite sophisticated and I'm wondering now if I should use it for my work instead of (web ...) directly. I need to take a closer look.

One immediate thing that I noticed: some of its API is different from (web ...) but not obviously better or at a different conceptual level. For example, your route context seems conceptually equivalent to (web request). Is this just because you first wrote Artanis before (web ...) was available?

Regards,
      Neil