Re: WebSockets

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: WebSockets
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 20:17:37 +0800

2014年4月2日 PM7:54于 "Neil Jerram" <address@hidden>写道:

> [Now guile-user only, since that seems appropriate]
>

> On 2014-04-02 11:08, Nala Ginrut wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 2014-04-02 at 10:29 +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I'm interested in adding support for WebSockets
>>> (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455) to Guile's web modules.  Is anyone
>>> else interested in - or possibly already working on - that?
>>>

>> I was planing to implement websocket in Artanis web-framework and
>> there's half-baked code. Then I realized it's better to integrate with
>> the server, but Artanis hasn't written its own server. So it's
>> appreciated if anyone can do the job. ;-)
>

> Wow, Artanis looks quite sophisticated and I'm wondering now if I should use it for my work instead of (web ...) directly.  I need to take a closer look.

I'm glad you like it!
But oh, shame on me!  So many people are interested in it but I haven't done a better database handling.
Anyway, you can build a site if you can play sql directly.
Although it works now, I haven't released it yet. Because I want to release the first version with better config and database module.
The latest branch is wip-sql-mapping. There will be some changes compare to master. :-)

> One immediate thing that I noticed: some of its API is different from (web ...) but not obviously better or at a different conceptual level.  For example, your route context seems conceptually equivalent to (web request).  Is this just because you first wrote Artanis before (web ...) was available?

Actually, route context is a Artanis specific local environment of each request.
It's used to store info of features in Artanis, and passing necessary info in Artanis environment only, like url-remapping, sql-mapping, cookies inner processing...all the parts unrelated to http standard.
The http requests are handled by (web ...), and it's just encapsulated in route context. So their function doesn't duplicate.