Re: dbus introspection

From: Max
Subject: Re: dbus introspection
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:49:13 +0200

27.04.2014 15:33, Neil Jerram пишет:

> I have some FFI-based client-side bindings in my library at
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/ossaulib.git/.  The (glib dbus) module
> exports procedures for
>  - making a synchronous or asynchronous dbus call
>  - registering a Scheme procedure to be called when a dbus signal
>    occurs.
>
> (ofono modem) is a library module that uses those dbus- procedures, and
> I hope is simple enough to make the usage clear.

Excellent. Looks pretty clear to me. I'll just have to go through some basic
guile
docs on using external libraries.
Could you point me to appropriate documentation? I'm kinda lost with differences
between module, library and R6RS-library.

In ofono-modem it's simply used as (use-module (glib dbus)) - does it mean that
have to copy it to some standard location?
What's there procedure to "install" library so it becomes visible to
guile-gnome-2?
Is there way to make your library available to particular user instead of
system-wide
availability?

I've tried to set GUILE_LOAD_PATH to ~/source/ossaulib but no luck so far.

https://code.launchpad.net/~andywingo/guile-gnome/dbus - this one.

> I know that guile-gnome used to have a dbus module, and possibly still
> does.

Could you share some links? I've found nothing so far unfortunately.
Also, if dbus bindings already available via guile-gnome - why develop another
library?

>> Also is there some tool similar to vala-dbus-binding-tool which could
>> connect to a
>> given dbus service and using introspection generate guile stub code for
>> functions/signals available for interaction with this service?
> Not that I know of.  Should be quite easy to build on top of my
> client-side bindings, though.  (Or on top of any set of client-side
> bindings.)

Yepp, I've just hoped someone already made it :)
Can't really imagine how to use dbus without such a convenience tool.

cheers,
Max.