Re: Automatic code formatting?

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayirli/Kammer
Subject: Re: Automatic code formatting?
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 14:16:40 +0200

Bernardo Ezequiel Contreras <address@hidden> writes:

> hi all,
> i would like to know how do you automatically format your code?
> cause i have no idea, and i don't want to do it manually.
> is there a emacs mode, command or something for that?
>
> thanks in advance

In Emacs, scheme-mode with Paredit (or SmartParens I guess), using C-j
for newlines instead of RET, using 'fill-column-indicator' AKA
'fci-mode', and/or 'auto-fill-mode' to keep me wary of the column limit,
using M-; to insert comments.  Paragraphs of comments and other plain
text can be formatted with M-q to conform to the column limit.

Taylan