Re: BUG (1.8): can't redefine /debug/

From: Michael Tiedtke
Subject: Re: BUG (1.8): can't redefine /debug/
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 12:10:51 +0200

On 21/06/2015 09:29, Mike Gran wrote:
On Saturday, June 20, 2015 11:54 PM, Michael Tiedtke <address@hidden> wrote:

As the bug database doesn't allow filing bugs even when you have a Savannah account I'm sending this to the mailing list.

There is a separate list for bugs: address@hidden

But I'd imagine that the maintainers would tell you that a
new release of the 1.8 branch is not a high priority. And they'd
probably ask if the bug still exists in the 2.0 branch.

But try there for bug reports.

Thank you. My (interstellar) road map is different from Guile's realized project goals but I did realize the 1.8 release is still very present out there and the bug has been there for ages so I'm not going to repost this to the other bug mailing list.
 As far as I can tell I will soon (process time) divert from the approach of Guile 2 with its  Virtual Machine, Multiple Languages and C wrappers. I see the orthogonal self-hosting system scheme way with kernel-call and assembler primitives and parallel objects with cleaned up domains for color distances, sound, character and unicode sections which won't make texts but strings w/o brass.
 Has anyone ever written a garbage collector in Scheme - what primitives would it at least need without a garbage collector its runtime environment. But first the editor then ...