Re: FOSDEM 2016

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2016
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 09:16:45 +0200

Hello,

Pjotr over on guix-devel has proposed we organise a Guile developer
track at the next FOSDEM (January 2016).  There seems to be a pretty
good reception on the guix mailing lists, and we're still looking for
ideas for talks, etc.  If you'd be interested in giving a talk, check
out

   https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/TalkProposals

and/or post to this thread.

As Pjotr puts it:

> Note that this is a developers track, so focus on Guile and Guix software
> development.  If we can't get a FOSDEM developers track at FOSDEM, we
> may find some other conference to get a room in 2016.
>
> Note also that these are proposals for talks, this is not a final
> and approved list.

Fosdem's call for proposals/applications is not open yet, but we aim to
submit a proposal pretty soon after it opens.

Happy hacking,
Alex