Re: Using in C a function defined in guile

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Using in C a function defined in guile
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 18:21:35 +0200

Hi Vadimir,

Am Sonntag, 6. September 2015, 17:10:01 schrieb Vladimir Zhbanov:
> After speaking with a man who doesn't like scheme and wants to make all
> his work in C, I wonder if there is an easy way to make the procedures
> wholly written in Guile available in C, besides any kind of 'eval'.
> Looking through the guile info I didn't found anything other.

The manual shows how to call Guile functions from your program:
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/guile.html#Guile-Initialization-Functions

The sample however embeds a full Guile shell:
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/guile.html#A-Sample-Guile-Main-Program

If I recall correctly, if you only want to provide the Scheme
functions, stick to scm_init_guile and scm_with_guile.

See Initializing Guile from the API reference:
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/guile.html#Initialization

Best wishes,
Arne