Re: [RFC] Guile project generator

From: David Thompson
Subject: Re: [RFC] Guile project generator
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 14:28:28 -0400

Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, I think it's a good idea to have such tool.
> And I would recommend add the ticket/spec skeletons of guildhall & Guix,
> say, pkg-list.scm, for better packaging work.

Good idea.  Let's add to the list a 'guix.scm' file with a Guix package
snippet (with the caveat that Guix makes no guarantees for a stable
packaging API) and a 'pkg-list.scm' (or whatever the convention is) for
the guildhall.

> Maybe we should consider to make it a GNU standard one, if so, we need
> to add ChangeLog and NEWS. And BUGS/HACKING/THANKS could be optional.

Yes, those would also be good to include.

> But I have a question that most of the time I need build-aux stuffs, I
> don't know if it's necessary to add to this subcommand.

What kind of stuff?

Thanks for your input,

--
David Thompson