[ANN] Guile-SDL2 0.1.0 released

From: Thompson, David
Subject: [ANN] Guile-SDL2 0.1.0 released
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 15:11:34 -0500

Hello Guilers,

I am pleased to announce the first release of Guile-SDL2, pure Guile
Scheme bindings to the SDL2 game programming library.  Guile-SDL2 not
only provides low-level bindings to the SDL2 C API, it also provides a
high-level, more Schemey interface for happier hacking.  In addition
to bindings for the core SDL2 API, bindings for the SDL2_image,
SDL2_mixer, and SDL2_ttf extension libraries are also available.

Since this is the first release, Guile-SDL2 is far from feature
complete.  Thus far, I've wrapped just enough functions and data
structures to port my own game framework, Sly, to SDL 2.0 from SDL
1.2.  It will take the help of the friendly Guile community to expand
upon this base and provide a complete set of bindings.  Unfortunately,
this release lacks a proper texinfo manual as I am in a time crunch to
prepare Sly for the upcoming Lisp Game Jam, [0] but I hope to remedy
this in the next release.

If you are interested in hacking on additional bindings, fixing bugs
that may be lurking, or writing documentation, patches can be sent
directly to my email address, and real-time discussion can happen in
#guile on Freenode.

Release tarball: http://files.dthompson.us/guile-sdl2/guile-sdl2-0.1.0.tar.gz

GPG signature: http://files.dthompson.us/guile-sdl2/guile-sdl2-0.1.0.tar.gz.asc

Happy hacking!