Re: Very Small Atom Feed Reader

From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo
Subject: Re: Very Small Atom Feed Reader
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 10:13:45 -0500

On 2016-03-06 09:12, Amirouche Boubekki wrote:
Héllo,

Hi, Amirouche :)

I share with you this small *atom* feed reader which works from
command line. Create a ~/.prime.txt file with the address of atom
files you want to follow and then run the script.

I tried it and it works with my atom feed. But my posts in Spanish and other languages that use non-ASCII characters don't display correctly. For example, I get titles like "Danza de Salomé", but it should be "Danza de Salomé". This is my atom feed in Spanish: http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/es/blog/activity.atom.

The problem I have is that it fails on wingolog and others but I'm
accepting patches ;)

FWIW, atom feeds generated by Tekuti (https://wingolog.org/projects/tekuti/) used to fail for me too, not long ago, using different readers (Liferea, for example). It seems to be something that comes and goes. I initially had intermittent errors reported by Liferea when reading Wingo's and Nala's feeds, but they are working normally now (I'm using Liferea).

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/