Re: Transient environment with standard functions

From: Matthew Keeter
Subject: Re: Transient environment with standard functions
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 15:44:28 -0400

Yes, the graph is equivalent to an s-expr (with subgraphs being nested scopes).

The reason that I’m not just representing the graph as a single expression is
for
efficiency – I’m doing incremental updates and change tracking, so you can
update
one of the node's expressions and have the changes propagate through the graph
with a minimum number of re-evaluations.

A similar Python engine is documented here:
http://www.mattkeeter.com/projects/graph/

Regards,
Matt