Performance implications of having many methods? Re: get all available s

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Performance implications of having many methods? Re: get all available symbols in scheme
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 19:57:31 +0200

Hi Tomas,

address@hidden writes:

>> source liu writes:
>> > I wonder if there is some way to dump all available symbols in current
>> > enviroment [...]
>> It’s pretty hidden. The easiest way [...]
> [a blazing tour through Guile introspection follows]
>
> Not the OP here, but... wow, thanks, Arne!

Thank you for writing — I’m glad you like it!

It’s not all my own work, though: I have to thank the people in here and
in IRC who helped me understand it. They are pretty awesome!

What I missed was to note the use of (class-off OBJECT) to find the
value I put into the methods.

What I cannot give is performance information about the methods: There
are some important implications of having many methods, but I just don’t
know them.

>> I just added this to guile-basics:
>> http://www.draketo.de/proj/guile-basics/#sec-2-5
> thanks again