How to install guile using local libraries

From: Jakub Jankiewicz
Subject: How to install guile using local libraries
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 15:39:58 +0200

Hi,

I want to install guile locally to /home/me/lib, but when I've run:

./configure I got error:

    configure: error: GNU MP 4.1 or greater not found, see README

so I've installed GNU MP locally using:

    ./configure --prefix=/home/me/
    make
    make install

and it created this files in /home/me/lib/ (it also created
directory /home/me/include with header file):

    libgmp.a
    libgmp.la
    libgmp.so
    libgmp.so.10
    libgmp.so.10.3.1

I've found in configure script for guile that there is option:
--with-libgmp-prefix=DIR

so I run:

    ./configure --with-libgmp-prefix=/home/me

but got the same error (that can't find GNU MP), How can I inform guile's
configure script where is GMP?

thanks in advance
Jakub