Re: prompts: any example ?

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: prompts: any example ?
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 14:51:37 +0200

> Catonano <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > as in the subject
> >
> > I'm trying to get acquainted with this prompts thing. Can anyone
> indicate an example of use to me that is particuraly meaningful or
> expressive ?
>
> What guile calls prompts and aborts, are generally found under the
> heading of 'delimited continuations'. These are primitive control
> operators that can be used to implement more complicated kinds of
> control, such as backtracking, exceptions, generators,etc.

So, yes, I'm replying to a post of 2012. In 2016

Back then I couldn't understand Ian's example and I was upset and ashamed
to admit it

I actually understood it a few days ago. Maybe helped by another example
made without the shift reset but rather with the plain call/cc

Since then I even gave a course teaching the SICP to a bunch of teens, in a
local computers club. It was brave of me and incredibly fun

I'm trying again getting acquainted with Guile, now. Not only because of
Guix

So, hello again, guilers