Re: s-expressions, c, css and javascript

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: s-expressions, c, css and javascript
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 20:32:18 +0100

On 2016-12-07 23:43, tantalum wrote:
hi

last time i mentioned it was a few years ago, and i just thought i let
you know that sph-sc got some interesting updates recently, and plcss
and sescript (as well as sph-lib) are still actively maintained.

I started playing with Guile because of your mail :)

"sescript" is very similar to sc, it is like sc but for javascript or
ecmascript. javascript on its own already feels more like scheme than
c because of its use of anonymous first-class functions. sescript adds
features like "let", implicit return and even an r6rs library form.
sometimes i was able to copy code between scheme and sescript without
change because it is so similar.

Do you think deeper integration/compliance with scheme land would be
best? Did you try biwascheme?

"plcss" creates css. it is written in less than 90 lines of scheme
(but imports a few bindings) and can offer most features of or more
than tools like sass and lesscss.

That look like something I could put to use. Do you have examples or documentation?

for details and examples, here links to the project homepages:
sc: http://sph.mn/content/3d3
sescript: http://sph.mn/content/413
plcss: http://sph.mn/content/e93

while we are at it, i recently made a time and calendar calculation
library from scratch (which was pretty difficult, if anyone wants to
check out how this can be done, see the "time" libraries in sph-lib
(http://files.sph.mn/sourcecode/sph-lib/)) and this went into the
calendar on http://ytilitu.xyz/ , which runs on guile.

Looks cool and useful :)

--