Re: guile can't find a chinese named file

From: Chris Vine
Subject: Re: guile can't find a chinese named file
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 13:11:57 +0000

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 13:41:24 +0100
<address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]
> What I don't like about the fluid is that it still doesn't give you
> an escape hatch in hard cases (your USB stick example).

The program would just have to document that any mount point must have
a path in a character set (eg ASCII) which is compatible with the
filename encoding used by the plug-able device in question to which the
fluid is to be set.

Not ideal, but in practice probably good enough for anyone using guile,
who is likely to be sufficiently knowledgeable to understand what this
means.