Re: guile can't find a chinese named file

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: guile can't find a chinese named file
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 08:41:24 +0200

> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 08:29:14 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > From: Marko Rauhamaa <address@hidden>
> > Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> > Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 08:15:57 +0200
> >
> > It is possible to have illegal Unicode even in Windows filenames, ie,
> > filenames not expressible using Guile's strings.
>
> Is it really possible?  Can you show a code example that would create
> such an illegal filename on Windows?

Btw, if by "UCS-2" you meant to say that only characters within the
BMP are supported in file names on Windows, then this is wrong: since
Windows XP, NTFS volumes support file names with characters outside of
the BMP.  I've just successfully created files with such file names on
Windows XP using Emacs.