Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 18:31:09 +0000 (UTC)

>>> If you want to do something truly exciting, you could take wingos fibers

>>> and build a high performance web interface for guildhall with them.
>> High performance is not really important in this case. We are not
>> talking about gazillions of npm packages.
> That’s true. That’s why I wrote exciting :)
>
> You could also use the existing (web server) tools to build such a site.

The fastest thing would be to create a git project with a
{meta}/{maintainer}/{project} type structure and let people hack away
unsupervised
in their {maintainer} subdirectories.  Then add a thin libraries that
allows one to pick a specific Git commit UUID as a version number.

It would be chaos, but, we don't need professionalism when there is nothing
about which to be professional.

Or, to be fancier, clone metacpan. It exists.

-Mike