Re: The status of JIT compiler of Guile

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: The status of JIT compiler of Guile
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 09:31:59 +0100

Heya Nala :-)

And hello Atsuro!  I don't think I have had the chance of expressing to
you how impressive your work is.  Awesome stuff!!!

What do you all think is the way forward for this work?  Is it something
that you see being integrated eventually into Guile git?  Is it a
project that should be maintained separately?  If the latter, what
interfaces do you need from Guile?

I took a look at the diff; somehow I thought previously that it was all
in C.  Now I see that you have a (language trace) and I am intrigued :)
I need to look at this more.

It is especially amazing to see that the C component is only three
thousand lines or so.  Very cool :)

On Thu 02 Mar 2017 08:49, Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> writes:

>  (define (fib n)
>    (define (iter a b c)
>      (cond ((= c 0) b)
>            (#t (iter (+ a b) a (- c 1)))))
>    (iter 1 0 n))
>
>  (define a (fib 1000000))

I think this test is a bignum/allocation test, not a compiler test.
Still, good to see some results.

Andy