Re: guile-pg 0.47 bug report

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: guile-pg 0.47 bug report
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 10:43:08 +0100

() Greg Troxel <address@hidden>
() Sun, 07 Jun 2015 07:29:29 -0400

   I just updated pkgsrc to 0.47.  Three nits:

     You say to send bugs to ./configure --help, but that
     doesn't show up in the installed package anywhere.

Thanks for the bug report.  I have installed this fix:
<http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/guile-pg.git/commit/?h=p&id=a466c86cd2>

     Tests failed (entirely) due to running out of shm segments.
     I have regular pgsql running, and I think the tests used to
     work.  So I wonder if there is some newly expanded
     maxconnections in the test driver.

Not that i know (i confess until this post, i was not even aware
of ‘maxconnections’).  How do you know shm segments starvation
was the culprit?  Does "make check VERBOSE=1 DEBUG=1" reveal any
clues?

     There's a libpostgres.la symlink in $prefix/lib/guile-pg
     that wasn't there in 0.46, not mentioned in NEWS.  It seems
     like it is extra and unnecessary.

Hmmm.  Investigating...

--
 (defun responsep (query)