Re: Guile foreign object interface

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Guile foreign object interface
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 06:49:10 +0100

() David Kastrup <address@hidden>
() Thu, 09 Mar 2017 00:00:48 +0100

   [...] rather than [...] fork Guile 1.8 in order to actually
   have some dependable functionality to base other work on.

I intend to maintain 1.8 for the time being.  More precisely, i
seek to apply bug fixes, improve documentation (both method and
content), modernize the build system (tracking gnulib, autotools
evolution), and (time and gumption permitting) refactor some
internals.  If the gods smile, maybe a feature or two (always w/
an eye on upward compatibility).

If the changes to 1.8 that Lilypond requires fall into the above
categories, perhaps we can avoid a fork.  Do you have a summary
of those changes handy?

--
 (defun responsep (query)