Re: Guile foreign object interface

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Guile foreign object interface
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 09:38:03 +0200

> From: Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès),  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 20:56:09 +0100
>
> > That's what I'm trying to tell you: there's no aggression.
>
> I understand that different people can have different reactions and it's
> great that you can look through "style" to the substance.  I and a
> number of other contributors (evidently including Ludovic) find it hard
> to do so, and the only reason we try is because we care about Guile.
> It's really weird though to try to ignore this "style" when the style
> often says precisely that we _don't_ care, in those words, and other
> times in as many words.

Given the certain amount of frustration over the real problems that
didn't get solved until now, you can understand that, don't you?

I had my share of problems reported here, mostly with working patches,
some of which took many moons, sometimes years to get solved upstream.
So I think I understand some of David's frustration, although the
problems I reported were nowhere near the gravity of those Lilypond
has.

So maybe the project leadership should try to improve the efficiency
of handling bug reports and of catering to the problems raised by
projects using Guile, as a means to lower frustration and make the
environment friendlier?