Re: Nyacc patches for Mes to avoid bundling?

From: Matt Wette
Subject: Re: Nyacc patches for Mes to avoid bundling?
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 07:16:02 -0700

> On May 7, 2017, at 12:54 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen writes:
>
>>> Maybe I can hack a `configure’ script together.
>>
>> Great!  FWIW, I lifted build-aux/compile-all.scm from GuixSD to compile
>> the scheme files for Mes (mainly Nyacc).  You may want to look at
>> that/do that too.
>
> I upgraded Mes to Nyacc 0.78.0 and I've added (basic) string-index,
> imported case-lambda from guile-1.8, and added #\cr short form for
> #\return to the reader.  Mes now runs vanilla Nyacc!
>
> Now I'm testing to unbundle Nyacc from Mes. I just wrote some code to
> have `include-from-path' look in GUILE_LOAD_PATH...and to test it I
> haphazarly transplanted Mes' build system to nyacc
>
>     https://gitlab.com/janneke/nyacc # wip-build
>
> feel free to use or ignore any or all of it :-)

I have released a 0.78.1 with the following additions:
1) configure
2) README.nyacc => README, INSTALL
3) Makefile.in

You can perform the following to install only sources (does not require
installed guile or guild):
  $ ./configure —site_scm_dir=/path/to/dest —site_scm_go_dir=/dummy
  $ make install-srcs

Matt