Re: Website translations with Haunt

From: Matt Wette
Subject: Re: Website translations with Haunt
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 14:35:16 -0800

> On Dec 10, 2017, at 11:21 AM, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 07:22:55AM -0800, Matt Wette wrote:
>>
> Thank you.  I’m sorry to say that it did not work.
>
> Actually it is not the “struct po_error_handler” but the
> “struct po_xerror_handler” which I need.  I believe the “struct
> po_error_handler” is not used anymore in current Gettext but I am not
> sure.  varargs are not needed for “struct po_xerror_handler” (even
> though support for them is desirable in general).
>
> Hmm I tried mostly the same as you propose before for the xerror
> handler and it did not work: fh-object-set! apparently did not have
> any effect, i.e. a subsequent fh-object-ref returned 0 and on error
> the callback handler function was called at address 0, causing a
> SIGSEGV.
>
> Either way, I tried your code for “struct po_error_handler” and put it
> in my dot.ffi to see if it works.

OK.  I will look at this.

> By the way, what I forgot to mention is that I needed to replace
>
> #include <stdlib.h>
>
> in the gettext-po.h header file by
>
> typedef long size_t;
>
> otherwise “guild compile-ffi gettext-po.ffi” would fail with the error
> message
>
> ffi-help: WARNING: the FFI helper is experimental
> (unknown):1: not found: "gnu/stubs-32.h"
> compile-ffi: parse failed

The FH compiler executed gcc to find all the hidden include directories.  If
you don't have gcc
in your path (you didn't seem to have guile in your path) then it won't find
those directories.
You can add `-I path-to-gcc-inc-dirs' arg to your path or make make sure "gcc"
is in your path.

Matt