GNU Guix/Guile day just before FOSDEM 2018

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: GNU Guix/Guile day just before FOSDEM 2018
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 17:58:28 +0000

Hello,

Pjort, Ludo and Manolis are organizing a Guix/Guile day just before FOSDEM
2018 at the very beginning of February the 02/02/2018 just before FOSDEM.

They mentioned http://icab.be/b_and_b_programme.php for accommodation which
is the place where the Guix event is happening.

There is information about the event at
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/FOSDEM2018

Sadly there is no talks about Guile itself, does anyone want to produce a
talk about Guile? Maybe, I can do it myself, but I am not sure I am
going... Anyway some more guilers must be there!

Or what do you think of this: We make a list of all the awesome stuff that
happened in 2017 and make a few slides about it!

Here is my list:

- Guile ffi helper by Matt Wette: is really a step in the right direction

- Haunt by David Thomson: his static blog generator got more users,

- GNU Foliot by David Pirotte: is the first GNU app written in Guile using
GTK3

- Guile-CV by David Pirotte: a tool to analyze images using somekind of
aglgorithms

- Guile JS backend: Ian Price made the JavaScript compiler backend (and it
works on my machine :)

- Guile 2.2.3 was released, what's new?

Any ideas what else to do a 2017 Guile recap?