Re: g-golf

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: g-golf
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 13:17:10 +0100

> Hello,
>
> > Trying to build G-golf in GuixSD
>
> Thank you for your interest, but please note that G-Golf still is in
> planning stage
> - as stated on both its Gnu and Savannah web pages:
>
>         this means that it is, as it is, unusable:  you should use
> Guile-Gnome and
>         or Guile-Clutter instead, which, although offering old bindings,
> work
>         perfectly, and with the latest Guile stable version...

I know but I tought I would have taken a look

I don't know if I will ever be able to contribute

But the fiirst thing is that G-golf should have a guix.scm file and be
buildable with Guix. I see that as my step 0
Then, we'll see

> > guix environment --ad-hoc autoconf automake pkg-config guile
> > and this is the result of configure
>
> > ./configure: line 2497: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG: command not found
> > ./configure: line 2520: syntax error near unexpected token `guile-$v,'
> > ./configure: line 2520: `      PKG_CHECK_EXISTS(guile-$v,
> > GUILE_EFFECTIVE_VERSION=$v, )'
>
> FI, the upstream configure step works perfectly well.

What do you mean with "upstream" ?

I checked it out with git from the only repository that I know of

On which GNU/Linux distribution are you building it ?
Which version of pkg-config are you using ?

Can you make an ipothesis why pkg-config in my guix environment can't be
found ?

Maybe I should move this discussion on the Guix mailing list ?